We are delighted this year to have the NSPCC's Childline service as our official beneficiary for Drive-It Day. Every day over 800 children and young people reach out to speak to Childline, with worries about their mental health, education and isolation, so it's vital we show our support for children during this particularly challenging time.
Up and down the UK, classic car and bike enthusiasts will be taking part on 24 April 2022 – observing government restrictions of course – and raising money for this important cause, so here are some ideas as to how you can get involved as well as purchasing the special edition Drive-It Day fundraising plates from our shop!
- Share your historic vehicle with friends and neighbours by offering a 'show and tell' in return for a donation to Childline.
- Hold a photo competition via your club's Facebook page or website – with members dressed in the colour or era of their car perhaps? And don't forget to tag #driveitdaychildline so that we can see too!
- Drive out to a picturesque spot for a picnic or an outdoor pub lunch. You could even draw up a route map or tulip map and offer these in return for a donation.
- Hold a prize draw to win a piece of classic car/bike memorabilia or branded merchandise – this can be done via Justgiving with a 'suggested donation' to enter.
- Round the day off with an online quiz or 'homework competition' – highest score wins! Your questions can be as obscure as you want, about yourparticular marque, technical spec, motorsport or even plain old general knowledge!
If you would like support for your event from your local NSPCC office, please contact FundraisingSupportTeam@nspcc.org.uk and they will be very pleased to help with fundraising materials.
And don't forget with all of these to purchase your special edition fundraising plate to support Childline and proudly display it on Drive-It Day.
You can also make a contribution to our fundraising efforts for Childline to support children by visiting www.justgiving.com/fundraising/driveitday2022childline.